Saturday, August 7, 2010

LOVE at first sight . . .


well, maybe not "love" but at least a liking.  i know folks it's the celebration you've all been waiting for.  today..the first saturday of August, marks the first day Brittney Elizabeth Blake (then walbruch) and I Alan Spencer Blake (then model for Men's Health) . . . drum roll please bdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd MMMMMET!  oohh yeaaaah.  i walked up to that front door feelin pretty good about the whole thing actually.  i mean how else can you feel on a first date.  it's not like i was in shining armor, white stretchy pants, and riding a knoble steed.  No, no, sillies i left all that at home; but little did i know, that was the opportunity of an eternity to have the pleasure of meeting miss brittney.  and i am forever greatful that i snatched it up.
Day's prior to this first date we had met and coordinated a time and place (on ldssingles.com),  got directions to her house and got to know each other over the phone (which lasted about 6.74 seconds) and headed to the monster truck rally at the olmsted county fair.  I don't know if it was the rednecks poundin beer all around us or the sweet smell of greasy funnel cakes but we hit it off.  and quite frankly the rest is history.  she is the woman of my dreams and i am forever greatful for our eternal marriage and the wonderful joy and fulfillment brittney has been in my life.  thank you to the olmsted fair for the accommodations  that made a good first date and thanks to Lord for bringing us together then and blessing us with each other now.

2 comments:

lollidah22 said...

Such a cute story! I think you should add me to list of whom to be grateful for.. I think it was me who suggested to brittany to join LDSsingle.com. Since I had met my love on there too! Congrats to you meeting anniversary. You guys make a great couple.

Alan and Brittney said...

True Alesia.... I do have to thank you as well!!!