Alan is doing great. He finished up his semester and he is now officially a certified refrigeration technician!! He took the test and he did amazingly well on them. He got 100% on two out of four tests!! I am so proud of him. He is looking forward to his final semester of college and his final Co-op. During the last few weeks of the semester Alan was able to put in a couple choices of places where he would want to co-op at. He put down Saint Mary's Power plant, RPU, and Austin Public Utilities. His teacher did the final choice and he choose RPU for Alan. Alan is so excited for this opportunity and is hoping that there might be a job at the end of this semester for him. I am so proud of Alan and all the hard work that he does on a daily basis to help our little family. He really is my better half and I thank Heavenly Father daily for letting me have Alan as a companion.
Now to some bad news... Alan lost his job this past month... Alan really does not feel that this is bad news, he was ready to be done at that job... We kind of had a feeling that this was going to happen. So for the past couple weeks Alan has been applying and calling lots and lots of businesses. It is good to see Alan keeping his head up during this trial. I know that Heavenly Father will bless Alan for his dedication and perseverance.
Now to me. I AM OFFICIALLY A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! and I feel great. It feels so nice not to have to go back to school in couple weeks. Well technically I will be going back to school but I will be getting paid instead paying for it. My graduation was well....boring. But isn't any graduation boring. I personally feel that at graduation ceremonies they should just have the graduates come in, sit down, have the band do a song, call the names, and then leave. WHY oh WHY do they have to have people stand up and talk. Because all they talk about is going into the "real world" and how scary that is going to be. But eventually it got to the point where I went and got that good ol' dipolma... and let me tell you it was really not that exciting. All they do is say your name, you go across the stage, and then it's done. I just think they should do a little more since you spent all the money, and all those years.... but what do I know... I am just a college grad... After the ceremony we all came home and got ready for a party that I had. It was so much fun to have friends and family come over and celebrate with me. AND GUESS WHAT... I had my first ever keg party...that is root beer keg. It was waaaaaayyyyyy good root beer I might add. The party was full of friends, food, and laughter. It was a great way to end my college career.
No comments:
Post a Comment