Well... Noah is here and he is perfect.
Once the epidural is in... this momma is feeling TONS better!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!!
Grateful to have him here safe and sound!
I am so tired mom...
Nothing better than newborn snuggles.... love this little dude!
Noah Spencer Blake... we love you!
Well it all started on Wednesday after I went to my doctors appointment. While at the appointment the doctor stripped my membranes and he said that if this was going to work that I would probably be in labor by the middle of the night. I honestly thought to myself that this was not going to work out so I did not get my hopes up. Lucky enough for me.. contractions started that evening around 9:30pm or so. They were not really strong but they did hurt and kept my up most of the night. They were ranging from 7-10 minutes apart and really did not get any closer than that. In the morning I woke up and they were completely gone. DANG IT... so Alan went to work and made sure to stay around farms that he would have signal at. Abel, Halle and I went about our normal day routine. We headed to Fleet Farm after naps to get an oil change and sure enough contractions started again. They were stronger than yesterday and were ranging from 4-7 minutes apart. I thought FOR SURE that tonight was going to be the night. We went to my parents house for dinner and I was continuing to have contractions. We decided to have the kids stay at my parents house so that they would not have to come over in the middle of the night if things really got going. So away Alan and I went back home. Once home they were strong but then started to tapper off, and by 9:30 they were completely gone. DANG IT.... so I went to sleep and got a great night of sleep. Alan and I felt that he needed to take the day off so he stayed home. Once we woke up we went and hung out with the kids at my parents house. I took a nap and then we decided to go and play at a park for a while. We hung out at the park for about an hour or so and then went and got lunch. Then we came home to take naps and I decided to take a nice long walk on the treadmill. Did that and then just rested until Abel and Halle woke up. Alan and I decided that we needed to go and grad some things from my parents house that we left there in the morning, so we packed up the kids and away we went. On the way over I started to have contractions... and they were strong and started to come on faster and faster. We got to my parents and I asked my dad for a fathers blessing. After the blessing it seemed like the contractions were starting to be right on top of each other. I told Alan that we needed to go home and get the bags. We did just that and my dad came over to feed the kids dinner and take care of them. Alan and I were off to the hospital. It was a long drive to the hospital and pretty painful to be sitting and contracting. Once we got to the hospital we were admitted right away and I got checked this was around 6:15 or so. I was at a 6 and 70% effaced. I asked for an epidural and then just had to wait and endure the contractions. Once the epidural was in... All things were much better!!!! The epidural was in by 7:15pm and then it was the waiting game. Dr. McKeon was on call and was able to get to the hospital around 8:00. She checked me and I was at an 8 but did not want to break my water yet because Noah was still pretty high. So she said that she would be back in two hours and see where we were at. Alan and I were able to hang out and then I sent Alan out to get some food for himself and also for me after I delivered. Once Alan was back and enjoyed his chipolte burrito.. Dr McKeon came back and checked. I was at a 9 and she felt comfortable breaking my water. Once she did that she saw that Noah was face up. So she suggested that I switch positions and try to get Noah to turn. They brought in a "peanut" pillow and wrapped my legs around that. It made me really sick and I started throwing up. I felt tons and tons of pressure and was ready to have him here. The nurse asked me if I just wanted to start pushing and I said that I was ready. They helped me to turn back so that I was laying on my back again and the nurse checked and the laying on my side with the "peanut" pillow worked!!!! The nurse told me to start to push.. and then she said to stop so that Dr. McKeon could come in. Dr. Mckeon came and with one more push sweet Noah entered this world.
Delivering children is the closest to Heavenly Father that I have ever felt in my life. The veil is very thin and his spirit resides in that delivery room. I am grateful that Noah was delivered and arrived safe and sound. It continues to strengthen my testimony each time I deliver that we do have a Heavenly Father and that he does love us and that he knows each of us individually. He is a part of each minute detail of our life.. and I am beyond grateful for that knowledge.
Thank you for coming to our family Noah. We will try our hardest to teach you all that you need to know as you grow up with our family.






No comments:
Post a Comment