Sunday, July 25, 2010
Thank you Pioneers...
Yesterday was Pioneer day.
I am grateful for the Pioneers that gave up everything... and I mean everything to move their family out west. I am grateful that they sacrificed their life, family, and livelihood so that the Gospel could grow.
Alan and I were talking this evening about the Pioneers and their influence in our life. We both expressed gratitude for the things that they did... but we also both realized that we have to "pioneer" through our own life as well. The Pioneers had trials of their own. Their trials were more physical trials. They literally had to pack up everything and walk across the country with all their things and family. That would be totally hard and I know that it would be really hard to be asked to do such a thing. I am grateful that they choose to follow the Lord and they were blessed for their actions.
But now a days we have our own trials to pioneer through. They are quite different then what the "original" pioneers had to do but we are "pioneers" in our own way. Today at church the focus on the whole meeting...including the primary lesson... that was taught was on trials. It was on having faith through trials, having strength through trials, and having the right attitude through trials. It was a learning Sunday for me. In the past nine months I have experienced three miscarriages. It has been hard. Words cannot describe the pain that I have and do feel. This is a trial that Heavenly Father has bestowed upon Alan and I. He knows that we can handle this and come out of this trial with stronger love for each other, stronger love for our Savior, stronger faith in our Heavenly Father and in His plan of happiness. We have experienced all of the above. I have a small glimpse of what the Savior felt as he knelt in Gethsemane and from this glimpse I have a better of understanding of the atonement and how it plays a vital part in my life. I will forever know that I am never a lone in anything that happens in life. The Savior is here. He has felt my pain. He has shed my tears. He is the person to turn to for peace.
I am grateful for the examples of the pioneers and the attitude that they carried as they went through the trials that they experienced. It has helped Alan and I pioneer through these trials that we have had with our eyes fixed on our Heavenly Father and his love for us. Thank you pioneers for the example that you have been in my life. Come what may and love it..... that is what the pioneers did and Alan and I will get through this trial and we will be blessed beyond measure if we keep the commandments and the covenants that we have made with our Heavenly Father.
On a side note.... We sang this song in choir today and it gives me peace through this time of trial...
More holiness give me, more strivings within.
More patience in suffering, more sorrow for sin.
More faith in my Savior, more sense of His care.
More joy in His service, more purpose in prayer.
More gratitude give me, more trust in the Lord.
More pride for His glory, more hope in His Word.
More tears for His sorrows, more pain at His grief.
More meekness in trial, more praise for relief.
More purity give me, more strength to o'ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains, more longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom, more used would I be,
More blessed and holy, more, Savior, like Thee.
I truly am grateful for the trials that have been bestowed upon me because I know that it is only for my good. I know that I am learning and growing as a daughter of God and that I will come out from this trial a better wife, sister, daughter, and friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I admire your strength Britt. I know you will be blessed for your commitment and that you will be one amazing mother when that time comes. Thank you for sharing this! Your faith is inspiring.
Hey Brit! Just catching up on your blog and I had to say congrats on the new home!! What a great accomplishment! Chris and I are closing on a home in a few weeks and we are so excited! You look so cute and the pics are great!
Take care!
Sorry I commented that last one on the wrong post. But I wanted to also say tha you are such a sweetheart and any child will be lucky to call you 'mommy'. You are a great example. Thanks for that.
Brittany, you constantly show such great strength in all your trials. I am glad you have a partner and friend that you can rely on to comfort and go through this with you. It will work out as it should and I know with whatever happens you will come out with your head held high. Keep smiling and keep positive. I hear the uterus loves happy thoughts. :) love you sweetie.
Post a Comment