So it has been a long while since I have posted and that reason being....... I have been super busy with life!!!
I successfully finished student teaching at Jefferson Elementary (WAHOO!!!) and I was quite sad to be done. I had an amazing 16 weeks there and I learned a ton. I am grateful for the amazing teacher that I was paired with and also for the opportunity to teach many kiddos while I was there. I am glad that student teaching is done but also sad that I will probably not see those kids ever again. In a prior post I said that I got a job with SACC..... well that did not work out the greatest and so I quit and I feel great about my decision. I decided to go back to Subway and I am also tutoring kids in math on the side. So my summer will be spent making sandwiches (for people who are picky and ungrateful) and teaching kids!!! Some other exciting news is that I got my placements for fall semester for student teaching. I am going to be doing my first 8 weeks at a montessori placement at Ben Franklin. I will be working with 3-6 year olds. I am looking forward to this placement and learning more about montessori views and ideas. My last 8 weeks I will be placed at Lincoln Choice in a 2/3 room. I am also excited about this placement because it is a mulit-age group and it will be fun to get experience teaching both grades! The best news of all is that I WILL BE GRADUATING AT DECEMBER 11, 2009 and I am so ready to be done and have my very own classroom!!!
Alan has also finished his first year of his degree and is also looking forward to summer and having a little break from school. He is still working at Anderson's Memorial and mostly enjoys the job. Alan really is looking forward to being done with school and having a career.
Alan and I feel so blessed everyday from our Heavenly Father. We are grateful for the Gospel in our life and for the experiences and guidance that it provides for us.
Some highlights from the summer so far.....
Fishing at sunset!!!!
Twins game with Rosalyn and Cleeson!
Carson's(my brother-in law) 5th Birthday Party
Nate, Ashley and the girls surprised my mom at the beginning of June... We took some family pictures while they were here.



Another highlight so far that I do not have pictures of is that one of my best friends, Kelsy Harberts, got married on June 13, 2009 to an amazing man and we sung at their wedding! Alan and I are so excited for their life together!
I also wanted to let everyone know that I did survive Young Women's camp this year. This was a true test and I survived and went to church today!! I really did enjoy getting to know the girls better and also enjoyed being outdoors and enjoys the beautiful world around us.
Al and I are excited for the rest of summer... we are going up to pinecrest, we are going to Nauvoo, and probably some other fun day trips here and there!
BRING ON SUMMER!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment